Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Weekly Challenge #313


The challenge at the diva this week is a tile for Earth Day, or as one of her sons named it Amanda day. I had wanted to try out Simone Menzel’s new tangle PRAA, and thought that this might be the time to pull out something organic. You can find her step out here. I used one of my tiles dyed with liquid watercolor, pen and color pencil and a bit of white gel pen.


I also left this little bijou good luck RAZ (Random Act of Zentangle) using a variation of Rixty at one of the eateries that I frequent.


Lastly here is a mosaic of my quarter 4 students first tiles. They seem to really be enjoying trying out this art form.

 
 Thanks for stopping by, and for all of your lovely comments!
They do make my day!
Have a great week and Tangle on!

11 comments:

  1. WHAT A SURPRISE!! Thank you so much to try my tangle- you did it in a beautiful way! The colours are great as well. The tile is very well fitting to Amanda Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your students like the Zentangleart, the results look good but your challenge tile is a real jewel, I love the compositon, the colours and of course the new tangle of Simone, beautiful done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Amanda Earth Day tile. The colors and tangles are so full of Spring. And your Bijou tile with Rixty is so cute. What a wonderful tile to leave. The Mosaic of all your students' tiles is great. You can really see how different each individual is in how they use the tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pra made a very cheery Amanda Day tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Amanda tile has a very positive feeling! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work! all of it;-) I love your Praa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful tile with those lovely flowers and spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your RAZ idea! I do something similar with little tatted butterflies, flowers, and such. Spreading little bits of joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... not many people know or tat anymore. I was so gifted to have my 4th grade teacher teach me how to tat as a High schooler. I have a collection of antique shuttles. I can do lace edging. It has been awhile though. Would love to see the butterflies. 🙂

      Delete